Ayoo Africa 2020 Top Ten Judge // Design
“I am grateful to be alive and moving forward. I refuse to be a victim of the situations I find myself in, and I know that I can make it in-spite of all odds.” – Kibonen Nfi
Kibonen is the Founder and Creative Director of her own fashion line called Kibonen NY, a brand with modern and refined styles inspired by the rich culture of Cameroon.
Creator. Entrepreneur. Culturalist
Her dream was to have a location based in Africa that would make her clothing, and any other African-based fashion brands with the best of materials, and with the best tailors in the region. This would also provide jobs for local tailors in the Country of her roots, Cameroon.Despite the challenges, Kibonen founded “Made in Camer”, an apparel manufacturing business, in Bamenda, Cameroon.
She is famous for creating modern and unique pieces of clothing from inspirations of traditional Cameroonian clothing.
- 2013 Africa Fashion International’s Emerging Designer Award
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in South Africa
- Vogue Talents 2015 Fashion Designers.
- Forbes Africa Highlight
- GQ South Africa Highlight
- Work displayed at The Smithsonian Museum of African Art, Washington, D.C